Sport and Performance Psychologist or Post-Doctoral Fellow
OC Sport Psychology is excited to announce a position opening for a licensed or license-eligible Sport and Performance Psychologist and/or Post-Doctoral Intern. OC Sport Psychology is a growing private practice based in Newport Beach, CA. We offer both mental skills training and clinical psychology services to athlete and non-athlete populations. Located next to Fashion Island in Newport Beach, OC Sport Psychology holds contracts with professional soccer, local college, high school, and club programs and serves individual competitors across multiple sports. OC Sport Psychology also works with its sister company ProBall, Inc. private indoor baseball academy where additional consulting opportunities are available upon interest/request.
Part-Time (with potential to develop into Full-Time), Newport Beach, CA.
This position is intended for an individual who is interested in working with an energetic and growing sport psychology practice. The role will include direct clinical counseling and mental skills training with athletes. OC Sport Psychology provides all marketing, office needs, and administrative support, allowing the candidate to focus their effort purely on providing consulting services.
Requirements, Qualifications, and Skills
· M.A. or M.S. with a CA license to practice/provide mental health services (i.e. LMFT) or currently enrolled in an accredited doctoral program in psychology.
· Excellent clinical record-keeping skills, comfortable using technology (i.e. electronic health record-keeping)
· Minimum 1-2 years of experience providing mental health services
· Fun, flexible-minded, and a good sense of humor
· Highly organized, demonstrated ability to follow through (with clients, staff, and referral sources), receptive to feedback, and enjoy collaborating with colleagues
· Excellent public speaking/presentation skills
Preferred Education and Experience
· Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Clinical, Counseling or Educational Psychology and licensed by the California Board of Psychology
· Pre- or Post-doctoral candidate/intern – acquiring clinical hours for licensure
· Experience working within multidisciplinary treatment environments; training and experience in performance-related issues
· Specialized training in sport psychology (coursework, internship/practicum, etc.) and/or AASP certification preferred.
· Experience working with injured athletes
· Interest in learning about and using biofeedback.
· Specialization in neuropsychological or psychological/psychoeducational assessment/testing is a plus.
· Experience working with family systems (comfortable providing parenting skills training etc.) also a plus
How to Apply:
Email a Letter of Interest, CV or Resume and 3 Professional References to:
Attn: Carrie Stjerne | Email: [email protected]
*questions regarding opportunities within OC Sport Psychology Contact Us